Written by Natasha Gunion (Features Writer)
It’s a tradition to always find a tasty Valentine’s Day treat for yourself, or a loved one. Cookies, brownies, cake, cupcakes, you name it. Anything can be Valentine’s Day treat. There are countless ideas out there from chocolate-covered pretzels to a three-layered cake. It doesn’t have to be the most complicated recipe to be satisfied with your creation.
Some popular Valentine’s Day treats include, cake pops, red velvet cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries, and many many more. These are all easy for anyone to complete. Some popular foods are caesar salad, spaghetti carbonara, and beef stroganoff.
Cake pops are super simple, delicious, and always a hit.
- Start by combining a cake mix of your choice, following the directions, and add the recommended ingredients. Then form the mix into little balls.
- Attach a stick to the end of the ball and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 min.
- Once they are fully cooked, frost them, and decorate to your liking.
Red Velvet Cookies:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon red food coloring
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark/white chocolate)
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a stand mixer or handheld, combine the butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- About one minute in, add the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Once fully mixed, add food coloring
- slowly fold in chocolate chips
- Place into a 350-degree oven, and bake for 13 minutes
- Once baked, decorate to your liking, and enjoy!
- 1 ½ pounds beef
- 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ beef flavored broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 3 cups cooked noodles
- Cut beef in about 2-inch strips
- Cook mushrooms, garlic, and butter in a skillet over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Add steak into a skillet, stir in one cup of broth, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes
- Add the rest of the broth into the skillet, and stir in the flour. Stir in sour cream, once fully mixed pour over noodles, and enjoy!
Give these super simple and delicious meals a try during this Valentine’s Day. Enjoy!