Mason jar salads are a fun and easy way to keep your salads fresh by layering different ingredients. By layering the ingredients it keeps the dressing on the bottom so that the rest of the salad does not get soggy, so it keeps better. Not only are they delicious but you can make it your own by putting your favorite fruits and vegetables in them.
- 1 tablespoon dressing of your choice
- 6 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 3 ounces grilled chicken, sliced
- In a 16-ounce Mason jar, layer ingredients in the order listed above so that the tomatoes are sitting in the dressing at the bottom, creating a barrier for the lettuce and onions.
- Prior to eating, shake the jar, dispersing the dressing and mixing ingredients.
By Megan Marro