Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich
Any one of these delicious ingredients are sold at almost any supermarket. This sandwich is a simpler version of a Vietnamese Bahn Mi sandwich. However, you are not going to miss out on any of its delicious flavors. To be make this sandwich vegetarian or vegan, you can replace baked chicken with vegan “chicken strips.” Greek yogurt is also a low fat and high protein substitute for mayonnaise. The shredded carrots with lime break from the creaminess of the sandwich. Some people even have them as a snack on their own!
Makes 4 sandwiches:
½ cup of shredded carrots
Juice of one lime (about 2 tablespoons)
¼ cup of mayo
2 tablespoons of sriracha
4 pieces of baked chicken
A bread roll of your choice
¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- Combine the carrots and lime juice in a bowl.
- Whisk the mayo and sriracha in small bowl. If it is not spicy enough, add more to taste.
- Cut the bread roll, or sliced toasted bread.
- Spread the mayo on bread. Place the carrots on first, then the cilantro and then the chicken.
- Wrap the sandwich in some foil and it is ready for school!
By Robert Jeffery